Friday, September 16, 2011

BLOGGING FOR THE CLASSROOM...

This blog could be a great tool for the classroom. For example, I could use it to introduce myself to  new students and their parents before the start of the school year. I would mail a simple welcome letter to each student with some information about me and an invitation to them and their parents to view my blog.

Within my blog, I could embed a yodio recording so that my students could hear my voice and feel as if they'd met me even before coming to class.

Once classes began, I could post all kinds of things to the blog that would be helpful for both students and their parents: school calendars, calendar of homework assignment due dates, links to videos about my philosophy of education, etc.

And on and on we could go. But this will suffice for now.




1 comment:

  1. Zach ... your vision needs to be shared with some of your peers. Please contribute these examples at next class. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete